Corgi Gift Set 48 Corgi Car Transporter (Ford) with 6 Cars
Corgi Car Transporter (Ford) with 6 Cars by Corgi Toys, Gift Set, No. 48. Near mint plus - mint/boxed. Version with 'SUN RALLY MINI' from 1968. With Instruction Leaflet and sealed packet of cones. Scarce set with TRANSITION STYLE polystyrene inner. From The Coastline Collection. Starting bid £500. Please note that QDT apply 12.5% buyer's commission.
Issued by Corgi during 1968, this is a most sought-after Gift Set, complete with
the SUN-RALLY Mini and the metallic bronze Hillman Imp. Interesting to note – this set has a scarce transition style polystyrene inner.
In detail, this set comprises:
1) Corgi 1138 Ford Articulated Car Transporter in fresh and original scarlet red, blue with a very pale green-blue upper ramp, four intact red plastic chocks, cast wheels. The distinctive ‘Corgi Cars’ sign is gleaming bright on both sides, both paper labels are complete at the rear (couple of minor creases). One wing mirror only (the other is lost), with the reflective piece too. Roof horns have a little bend.
2) Corgi 252 Rover 2000 in lustrous metallic maroon with a cream interior. Trans-O-Lite issue with shaped spun wheels. Very near mint. Suggestion of a faint rub at one side where it has been in contact with the polystyrene inner.
3) Corgi 340 Sunbeam Imp in vivid metallic mid-blue with racing numbers on both doors (couple of the tiniest nicks). Detailed cast wheels. Complete with six jewelled lights and intact detailed 1967 Monte Carlo label at the front. Intact registration number. Complete rear transfer. No suspension now (common fault) although the model sits perfectly well. Graded near mint plus, therefore.
4) Corgi 440 Ford Cortina Estate. In mint condition. Red version with brown and cream side panels, shaped spun wheels with suspension. Jewelled headlights. Outstanding example.
5) Corgi 249 Morris Mini Cooper De-Luxe in black with a red roof and complete ‘wickerwork’ side and rear panels. Suspension on detailed cast wheels, jewelled headlights. Very near mint. Silvery residue on the roof front edge.
6) Corgi 226 Morris Mini Minor in rich, glossy maroon with suspension on detailed cast wheels. Very, very near mint.
7) Corgi 333 Austin Mini Cooper ‘S’ Sun-RAC Rally red and white with suspension detailed cast wheels. Near mint plus with just a couple of tiny transfer nicks. Note that one tyre has become mis-shapen now, over a long storage period.
All contents are housed in a complete and bright polystyrene inner.
Interesting transition box style with polystyrene cut-out for the slightly later issue which would include the roof-rack Mini but still with the cut-out for the Cortina in this earlier issue.
Later issue would include the cut-out for the roof rack but no cut-out for the Cortina.
This set comes with the Instruction Leaflet for the Corgi Car Transporter and original sealed packet of traffic cones.
The colourfully illustrated outer box has an intact original cellophane window. Fresh vibrant colours. Minor age/handling wear including a little corner storage crumpling and a small end flap tear.