Corgi Gift Set 48 Corgi Car Transporter (Ford) with 6 Cars
Corgi Gift Set 48 Corgi Car Transporter (Ford) with 6 Cars. Very, very near mint/boxed. Exceptional, unused - and the earliest set from 1967. With still-sealed packet of traffic cones & plain Retailer Card.
Purchased at the time and merely stored away for decades until it surfaced in the last few years.
The grading of the model very, very near mint – mint. Day-one fresh and vibrant glossy colours and bright metal parts. The most uncharitable eye may search out the occasional negligible mark which probably occurred at time of manufacture. Few models made it to the shops in absolutely perfect, mint condition.
Issued by Corgi during 1967, this is a most sought-after, 1st issue Gift Set, complete with the ‘autograph’ Mini and the metallic bronze Hillman Imp.
This is an impressive selection of Corgi models:
In detail, this set comprises:
1) Corgi 1138 Ford Articulated Car Transporter in fresh and original scarlet red, blue with a very pale green-blue upper ramp, four intact red plastic chocks, cast wheels. The distinctive ‘Corgi Cars’ sign is gleaming bright on both sides, both paper labels are fresh and clean at the rear, both swivelling wing mirrors are complete with the little ‘mirror’ pieces, silver horns are shining and straight on the roof. Very, very near mint.
2) Corgi 252 Rover 2000 in lustrous metallic maroon with a cream interior. Trans-O-Lite issue with shaped spun wheels. Virtually mint.
3) Corgi 251 Hillman Imp in bright metallic gold with a white stripe. In very near mint condition and notably, the suspension is fine on all four spun wheels. Scarce colour issue, and especially difficult to find with intact suspension! Suitcase is included.
4) Corgi 440 Ford Cortina Estate. In virtually mint condition. Metallic blue version with brown and cream side panels, shaped spun wheels with suspension. Bright chrome and jewelled headlights.
5) Corgi 249 Morris Mini Cooper De-Luxe in black with a red roof and complete wickerwork side and rear panels. Suspension on shaped spun wheels, jewelled headlights. Virtually mint.
6) Corgi 226 Morris Mini Minor in lavender blue with suspension on shaped spun wheels. Very, very near mint.
7) Corgi 321 Mini Cooper ‘S’ Monte Carlo 1966 in red and white with suspension on shaped spun wheels. Roof signatures of Timo Makkinen and Paul Easter, complete racing number ‘2’ on both doors, bright sump guard, jewelled lights. Notably complete transfers including over the bonnet central line. Very, very near mint.
Rare to find this good!
The polystyrene inner is virtually shop-fresh. Nice ‘Corgi Toys’ label.
This set comes with the full original packet of traffic cones (stapled closed).
The colourfully illustrated outer box is complete and clean, showing light handling wear and a very small tear to one tuck-in flap. Intact original cellophane window. Light rub on box face where the original price has been partly erased.
Obviously stored well and largely the contents have been untouched.
Retailer Card is included. We have not seen an example without printing but we tend to the opinion that this has not been added at a later date.