Corgi Gift Set 41 Carrimore Car Transporter with SCAMMELL Cab
Carrimore Car Transporter with SCAMMELL Cab by Corgi Toys, Gift Set No. 41. Very rare INTERIM version - only the 2nd we have ever offered for sale. With correct 'NEW SPECIFICATION' label on the lid. Near mint plus - very near mint/boxed. A Fresh to market piece - with one owner from new! With Mail Order label. QDT starting bid £1250. Please note that QDT apply 12.5% buyer's commission.
A sought-after and scarce Gift Set (1966-68) – this is only the second Interim version we have ever seen. With NEW SPECIFICATION (Interim) Label.
The Old School Collector, who is a Corgi Specialist comments on the rarity of these Interim Sets and how near-impossible it was to find one:
“I searched for a long time to find an even better example with the red ‘New Spec’ Label. Impossible! I never found another in my collecting life! This is the only interim set I ever saw; the old style lid with the sticker and the new shape polystyrene tray.”
This exciting and colourful set comprises:
1) Corgi 1148 Scammell Car Transporter . Very near mint. Barely a mark. Full complement of yellow plastic chocks.
2) Corgi 258 The Saint’s Volvo in white with a red bonnet label. Cast wheels. Treaded tyres. Very near mint.
3) Corgi 240 Sunbeam Imp in metallic blue. Labels are complete save at the rear which has a tiny nibble. Very near mint (suspension on all four wheels, although a little ‘soft’ on one). A few small paint marks.
4) Corgi 345 MGC GT in orange. Spoked wheels with suspension. Late issue nylon tyres. Near mint plus. Few tiny marks to the paint.
5) Corgi 226 Morris Mini Minor in maroon, with cast wheels & suspension. Nylon tyres. Very near mint.
6) Corgi 339 Mini Cooper ‘S’ Monte Carlo, with roof rack. Cast wheels. Near mint plus. Complete bonnet transfer, notably. Complete door racing numbers (a little age transparency). Few tiny nicks to the rear transfer.
7) Corgi 249 Wickerwork Mini. Near mint plus with jewelled headlights, cast wheels with suspension and nylon tyres. Late issue with horizontal casting line on the front wings. Stray portion of transfer on the bonnet and a small mark besides. Chip to the front bumper. Tiny wear to a Wickerwork detail edge.
All contents are housed in a polystyrene tray which is formed for this particular issue (so different shaping for central section when compared with the polystyrene tray for the Ford version). A little wear including a part split to two of the raised pieces. Complete with Corgi label with dog logo still in place.
The colourful card lid is clean and strongly-coloured. Complete and vivid ‘New Specification’ Label. This set was available Mail Order and note this example still has the Mail Order Label on a short lid end. Couple of areas of surface loss at the sides caused by the removal of the tape at some time which kept the lid closed. Tiny corner crumple and lightest wear.