Corgi Gift Set 15 Silverstone
Silverstone Set by Corgi Toys, Gift Set No. 15. Very near mint - mint/boxed. Superb, fresh boxes throughout! One of the most desirable Corgi Gift Sets. A highlight from The Pennsylvanian Collection. QDT starting bid £2000. Please note that QDT apply 12.5% buyer's commission.
A sought-after Gift Set from Corgi issued between 1963-64.
This exciting set comprises the following which are obviously originals to this set, in super-fresh boxes:
1) 150s Vanwall Racing Car, Very near mint (couple of must-be factory marks). Box is exceptionally bright and crisp, looking shop-fresh. With unapplied wheel stickers & Corgi Note re wheel stickers. C.C. Membership Form.
2) 154 Ferrari Formula 1, very near mint (another couple of factory assembly marks we have to deduce), in extremely fresh box, with C.C. Membership Form.
3) 152s BRM Racing Car, very near mint, with unapplied wheel stickers & C.C. Membership Form.
4) 215s Thunderbird Open Sports, Very, very near mint (a few little factory assembly marks again), in another superb box with card packing. With C.C. Membership Form.
5) 304s Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Hardtop. Very near mint, in a shop-fresh box. With C.C. Membership Form.
6) 309 Aston Martin DB4 Competition. Very, very near mint (stray smudge of silver on driver’s side door) in a wonderfully fresh box. Storage crumple. With C.C. Membership Form.
7) 417s Land Rover ‘Breakdown Service’.Very near mint (faint smudge of factory silver on the passenger door), in crisp, fresh box with card packing & C.C. Membership Form.
Set also comes with the following kits and figure sets in shop-fresh condition. Boxes do not appear to have been opened – perhaps just once – ever!
a)1501 Racing Drivers & Pit Mechanics
c)1503 Race Track Officials
d) 602 AA & RAC Telephone Boxes
e) 2 × 603 Silverstone Pits
f) 604 Silverstone Press Box
g) 605 Silverstone Time-Keeper’s Box
Instructions, mat, glue, & paint brush (few bristles of any length now remain). Vivid and fresh-looking colourful card sleeve for the paints. All paints are unused of course. Little white plastic tray is very nice and has survived well (always vulnerable). Small edge nick.
The large outer box is clean, very fresh and bright with a complete vivid paper label. Box is sturdy and well-coloured, showing minimal handling and certainly no tears or repairs. Minor storage corner crumple and lightest wear. Couple of little stains on the box base underside.
Very rare to find in this state.