Corgi Gift Set 41
Corgi Gift Set 41 Carrimore Car Transporter with Ford Tilt Cab. Very scarce. Version with 'Sun Rally ' Mini and bronze Hillman Imp. Excellent plus -very near mint/boxed. With Card packing sleeve. Fresh colourfully illustrated card lid. From The Cheshire Collection. Starting bid £450. Please note that QDT apply 12.5% buyer's commission.
A sought-after and scarce Gift Set issued between 1966-68, this exciting and colourful set comprises:
1) Corgi 1138 Ford Car Transporter in red, blue & silver.
Near mint. Both wing mirrors are intact and complete with the little mirror pieces too. 4 plastic chocks. Couple of little contact marks on the cab roof and a few exposed edge marks besides. One of the roof horns has a slight bend.
2) Corgi 226 Morris Mini Minor in pale lilac blue with a red interior. Shaped spun wheels. Very near mint.
3) Corgi 249 Morris Mini Cooper in red & black with ‘wickerwork’ side and boot detail.Jewelled headlights. Near mint plus with a couple of small top corner edge nicks to the rear label.
4) Corgi 251 Hillman Imp in bronze. Scarce colour version. Very near mint, although no wheel suspension now (common fault). Shaped spun wheels. Barely a mark to the paint finish. With opening suitcase stowed.
5) Corgi 252 Rover 2000 in metallic maroon. Excellent plus. Suspension.A couple of fine stray streaks of factory silver on the roof and one side (may be possible to remove). A few little chips besides.
6) Corgi 333 Austin Mini Cooper ‘Sun Rally Mini’ version. Excellent plus.All four jewelled lights. Suspension on bright spun wheels. Loss to top edge of rear transfer label and a few tiny marks to the door racing transfers. Tiny nick to bonnet transfer.Occasioanl tiny mark/light bodyline rub to paint finish.
7) Corgi 440 Ford Cortina Estate in metallic blue. Near mint plus.
All contents are housed in a polystyrene tray which is clean, bright and fresh. Corgi dog label has a little top edge wear due to the position it was applied in the factory.Light wear to the polystyrene.
The eye-catching card lid has bright graphics on intact and fresh sturdy card. Rare to find this good.
No tears or graffiti. Only the most minor age wear.
Nice to see the Cardboard Sleeve is still present too (light wear):