Corgi Gift Set 48
Corgi Gift Set 48 Corgi Car Transporter (Ford) with 6 Cars. Near mint- very, very near mint/boxed. From The Lake District Corgi Collection. Scarce set from 1967. Bids are invited on this item - please see the relevant section on our Faq Page. QDT starting bid £500. Please note that QDT apply 12.5% buyer's commission.
Issued by Corgi during 1967, this is a most sought-after, 1st issue Gift Set, complete with the ‘autograph’ Mini and the metallic bronze Hillman Imp. Contents all look unused – this is an impressive selection of Corgi models:
In detail, this set comprises:
1) Corgi 1138 Ford Articulated Car Transporter in fresh and original scarlet red, blue with a very pale green-blue upper ramp, four intact red plastic chocks, cast wheels. The distinctive ‘Corgi Cars’ sign is gleaming bright on both sides, both paper labels are complete and clean at the rear, both swivelling wing mirrors are intact with the little mirror pieces, horns are straight on the roof. Couple of contact marks on the cab roof and the occasional tiny mark besides.
2) Corgi 252 Rover 2000 in lustrous metallic maroon with a cream interior. Trans-O-Lite issue with shaped spun wheels. Mere dot or two to the paint finish. Very near mint.
3) Corgi 251 Hillman Imp in bright metallic gold with a white stripe. In virtually mint condition and notably, the suspension is fine on all four spun wheels. Scarce colour issue and especially difficult to find with intact suspension! Suitcase is included.
4) Corgi 440 Ford Cortina Estate. In virtually mint condition. Metallic blue version with brown and cream side panels, shaped spun wheels with suspension. Bright chrome and jewelled headlights. Just a trace of paper label residue on the front number plate area (possible to remove).
5) Corgi 249 Morris Mini Cooper De-Luxe in black with a red roof and complete ‘wickerwork’ side and rear panels. Suspension on shaped spun wheels, jewelled headlights. One little mark on the bonnet. Still very near mint.
6) Corgi 226 Morris Mini Minor in light blue with suspension on shaped spun wheels. Virtually mint.
7) Corgi 321 Mini Cooper ‘S’ Monte Carlo 1966 in red and white with suspension on shaped spun wheels. Roof signatures of Timo Makkinen and Paul Easter, complete racing number 2 on both doors, bright sump guard, jewelled lights. Notably complete transfers. Tiny mark on one front wing. Very, very near mint.
Note each item has a plastic label affixed to the underside. May be possible to remove.
All contents are housed in a complete and bright polystyrene inner. Looking virtually shop-fresh (tiny grubbiness caused by the models only). Nice ‘Corgi Toys’ label.
This set comes complete with the Instruction Leaflet for the Corgi Car Transporter which has a Corgi Club Membership Form on the reverse.
The colourfully illustrated outer box is really difficult to find this good! Intact original cellophane window and day-one bright colours throughout. Card is crisp and fresh-looking. One small corner tear and a little light rubbing on the box reverse. Tiny wear besides. Two period price labels. Obviously stored well and largely the contents have been untouched.
A spectacular set and a wonderful investment piece to enjoy.